Introduce yourself

Now that we’re making a more active effort to get more people (like yourself) involved in building and improving Trustroots there will be many people here. I thought it’s good to have a thread where you can introduce yourself. So here we go:

link to trustroots profile

why am I here?

I am working on Trustroots because I feel that there is a big opportunity to build a non profit social network that is running on free software. A network that encourages real life interaction and sharing (beyond hospitality).

how do I want to improve Trustroots?

I want to enable other people to do what they’re good at.

my practical skills

• system administration (e.g.setting up this forum)
  • coding (but nothing advanced or involving a lot of focus)
  • anything that is needed and useful

(I’m making this a wiki post so that we can improve and add to these questions)

Hello, I’m Paolo

why am I here?

I loved the idea of hospex networks since I joined the first one some years ago, although I’m just on Trustroots now. I love this project for its simplicity, as overloads of features sometimes hide what’s behind user profiles: human beings who love to meet people in person!

Carefully listening before replying :slight_smile:

my practical skills

• java analist and developer (not useful here, but it’s a skill anyway)
  • software string translator (to Italian)
  • linux system administration… but not very much skilled
  • learning react js library, at the moment
  • organizing gatherings (I mostly organized events inspired by “burning man”, among the others)
  • I’m a counselor as a secondo job too, therefore I could help in safety or support areas

Considering my little spare time, I would like to contribute only where there’s more need in a true team spirit.

Hello, I’m Noah

why am I here?

I have time and I like the idea. Like arranging your livingroom together instead of having other people do it :slight_smile:

I want to share my creativity in the process of developing the website.

my practical skills

• I like to question ideas and discuss them to developed them
  • Linux in many variants
  • Some php, some python, some bash, some JavaScript, some Java, some UML, some MySQL, some html
  • some team management / event organisation experience
  • hardware skills (PC,laptop,phone,bike - repairs) maybe? :smiley:

Hello,

I’m Johannes.
I made my first experiences with hospex in 2005. That was when I joined Hospitality Club. From 2012 until 2017 I was active volunteer in BeWelcome.
Now I’m more observing, seeing what is going on in BW and TR. Actually I hope that both of them do fine. I might return to more active volunteering in the future, but not sure yet.

From a strategic point of view might have been better to have only one network, because compared to Couchsurfing, both BW and TR are tiny, so it’s like split forces.
But now both are there and both go in slightly different directions. So I hope for a friendly coexistence of both networks. I guess there is already some sort of friendly coexistence, but maybe exchange and communication between organizers of both projects will grow in the future.

why am I here?

Sharing ideas. I entered CS in 2012, and looked around other things as it turned in a bad way. I’m active in BW and in trustroots. I had the chance to get hosted by one of the initator in Lithuania, which make me wanted to share the project much more!

Get people involved as hosts and surfers :slight_smile:

my practical skills

Communication, social medias.

Been using online platforms while travelling nonstop for the past four years, I found couchsurfing to be polutted with non-hosters and people only using it for sex, to be, trusted roots is a beautiful alternative, but here currently in Taiwan, Asia, it’s not really known, every user if any is completely inactive, therefore I take action in my own hands and wish to provide help and support any way I can.

I’d like to help Trustroots through filmmaking, communicating ideas, being an ambassador of this site and promoting it throughout the world.

How can I help?